Friday, September 10, 2004

That Rascally Clark

I went to Portofino's Restaurant and Ocean Club tonight with Daniel for dinner. Wesley Clark was supposed to be there for a kick-off reception for his visit to Memphis over the next couple of days. I got info that he would be arriving around 6PM. I went to the restaurant and was told by someone in his group that it would be more like 8, so we sat down and had dinner. Then we moved to the bar and watched the returns for the primaries in Oklahoma, Arizona, South Carolina, Missouri, Arizona, New Mexico and North Dakota. The minutes kept slipping by and still no Clark. One of his aides came and told me right as I was about to leave that he was sure to be there around 9, so I called the station to let them know and was told a photog was on the way. Matt got there and shot the jubilation of the crowd as Clark was announced the winner in Oklahoma. Now, we were being told he would arrive around 10:30. As we sat watching the rest of the returns come in, we finally realized that we were being taken when Clark was shown on television giving a victory speech live in Oklahoma.



[Listening to: Driving Sideways - Aimee Mann - Magnolia Soundtrack]